The roof design for the building was conceived after reading numerous blogs and books on straw bale building and green roofing.
Once the roof structure was in place, I laid structural plywood, with a pond liner on top, sandwiched between carpets to protect it.
With all of that completed, I then had to plan my greenery for the roof. With the complications of the straw bale building, I wanted to make the roof as light as possible without making it bare, so I decided to go for a style of decking and rectangular plots containing different varieties of plants. I’ll post more on this when I’ve completed the work!