An update on the work going on this weekend!
I spent my Saturday working at Twickenham for the Barbarians, so as a result, it was a case of fitting as much as I could into Sunday. I got fairly productive, and managed to get the frame for the bike shed sorted, as well as some raised planter frames built for the garden.
Planks screwed in to give the final look!
One of the side panels
The frame takes shape
Testing to see if the bike fits – the doors are under there too
The bike shed is just a frame at the moment, so this week I need to get it waterproofed. Flashing and a membrane should do the job, so I’m going to do that as soon as possible to ensure the wood stays dry.
On the planter front, I had a nice long crate which I could cut in half lengthways. I then took some spare planks from disassembled pallets and boarded it to make a solid board. Combining this with some membrane spare from the bike shed roof, I will be able to line it to prevent rotting and create a raised planting area in the garden to hold some vegetables. Its gone together quite quickly, so I should be able to finish it and get it created very soon!